Processing Fees


Aus private highschool

General Questions

  • What services does Plus Education provide?

    We help students begin their education journey through:

    • Education counselling for students to ensure appropriate course selections
    • Providing information on education options, pathways and documentation preparation  
    • Preparing and submitting course and institute applications
    • Guaranteed acceptance to accredited educational institutions
    • Preparing and submitting visa application
    • Providing advice and assistance with pre-departure information, airport pick-up, accommodation
    • Overall education counselling support
    • Background information on Australia's lifestyle, society, culture and environment

  • What are the fees?

    Please see our Processing Fees page for more information.

  • What if you do not get me admission to any school?

    We have always placed students into an education institution, and have never had a situation where a student was not placed into an institution. However, if this happens you will receive a full refund.

  • What happen to my tuition fees if I get rejected?

    A refund is provided by the education institution.

  • Can I work?

    As a full-time international student, you can work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight when your course is in session and unlimited hours when your course is not in session.

    Dependents have the same work conditions as the student. Please see the Department of Immigration and Border Protection for more information.

  • How long does it take to process my application (education and visa application)?

    Approximately 4 to 6 months.

  • Do you help me with Airport Pick up?

    Yes. We liaise with your chosen education institution and organise airport pick-up.

  • Do you help me with Accommodation?

    Yes. We liaise with your chosen education institution and organise accommodation.

  • Will you help me to get scholarship?

    Yes, we can assist you with the scholarship application process, but we cannot guarantee a scholarship.  Please note, applications for scholarships in Australia are very competitive and you must provide evidence of previous high achievement.


University Pathways

  • Can I go to University?
    • If I have completed the equivalent of year 11 and 12 schooling in my home country?
      • The basic requirement to enter University in Australia is "minimum Australian year 12 equivalent studies".  Base on your home country you might need successful completion of the first year of a bachelor degree at university in your country. However you can complete Foundation course and/or TAFE course and then go to university in Australia.
    • If I have completed a certificate qualification in Australia?
      • Universities don't usually recognise a certificate as an entry qualification to a bachelor degree.
    • If I have completed a diploma qualification in Australia?
      • Yes, most universities recognise TAFE diplomas as a pathway to a bachelor degree (sometimes even up to the second year of a bachelor degree).

  • Can I obtain a credit transfer?

    If you have completed previous studies overseas or in Australia you may be eligible for credit towards your intended course (meaning you may not have to complete all subjects if you have already completed these subjects in another course).  Usually, you will be required to provide the previous and completed course syllabus as well as the graduate certificate (in English) to claim credit.

  • Can I transfer to another institution?

    It is possible to move institutions.  In most cases, you will be required to complete at least 6 months of your chosen course at your originally chosen institution before moving to another institution.  You may be required to obtain a release letter from your institution before moving.

    If you wish to change education level (i.e. a diploma to a bachelor degree), then you must apply for the appropriate visa before moving.

  • What do you mean "Package?"

    A "packaged" course means more than one course.  For example, your aim maybe to study a bachelor degree in Australia, however, you require further English language classes to gain entry into the degree course.  As such, you will be required to study an English language program before entering the bachelor degree.  A "packaged" program in this case would include an application to study an English language course as well as a bachelor degree (ie. 2 courses).  There are many different versions of "packaged" programs and they are usually cheaper and easier to set up at the beginning than applying for one course and then applying for another course when you are in Australia.  Many TAFES and universities offer "packaged" programs.

  • What do you mean "High School Study Package"?

    This term can include admission into an English language course and High school (i.e. English Language course + High School Diploma course).

  • What do you mean "Professional Study Package"?

    This term can include admission into an English language course and/or TAFE/College course (i.e. English Language course + Diploma or Associate degree course).

  • What do you mean "University Study Package"?

    This term can include admission into an English language course and Foundation or TAFE/College course and then a University course (i.e. English language course + Foundation or Diploma course + Bachelor degree course).

  • What do you mean "Postgraduate Study Package"?

    This term can include admission into an English language course and/or Postgraduate course (i.e. English language course + second Bachelor degree or Master degree and/or PHD course).


Visas and Immigration

  • What student visa do I require?
    • ELICOS (English language study) – subclass 570
    • School sector (up to year 12) – subclass 571
    • Vocational education and training (TAFE) – subclass 572
    • Higher education university (bachelor, masters by coursework) – subclass 573
    • Postgraduate research – subclass 574
    • Student guardian – subclass 580

  • Can my family come with me?

    Yes, you can bring dependent family members with you on your student visa.

  • Do you guarantee student visa?

    We will certainly assist you with your student visa application, but we cannot guarantee it will be successful.  The final visa decision rests with the case officer at the Australian Embassy.

  • Can I get student visa if I am less than 18?


  • Do my parents need to come with me to Australia if I am less than 18?

    No, as you will be assigned a guardian whilst in Australia.  A guardian can be a nominated person in Australia, or a nominated person from overseas (usually close family member).

    The education institution is required to organise a guardian for you.  We will liaise with them on your behalf to organise this requirement.

  • Do I need an English language test result for admission into an education institution?

    Yes. All courses require an English language test result.

    Iran applicants –please note, English language test results are not required for subclass 570, 571 and 574 visa applications (however they may be required for admission into your desired course).

  • Can Plus Education help me apply for Australian Permanent Residency once I have completed my course?

    Yes, we can assist you.  We have registered migration agents available to assess, advise, prepare and lodge a visa application on your behalf.



  • Why should I study in Australia and not another country?

    Australia has a worldwide reputation for excellence in education.

    Our universities, vocational and technical education colleges and schools are world-class and our English classes are very popular among international students.

    Australian legislation and law requires quality assurance and policy among education providers to monitor courses provided to international students ensuring high standards are always kept (and for the protection of the student).

    Australian qualifications are also highly recognised world-wide.

    Australia is a multicultural country.  It is a free, safe, and friendly place to study with students enjoying a high standard of living and social activities.

  • How much does it cost to study in Australia?

    As well as your tuition costs, you will also have living costs in Australia.  In terms of approximate living costs (tuition fees, living expenses, social activities), please see the following table. 

    Expenses are outlined in Australian dollars.

    Accommodation Costs

    • Hostels and Guesthouses- $80 to $135 per week
    • Shared Rental- $120 to $250 per week
    • On campus- $180 to $250 per week
    • Homestay- $200 to $270 per week
    • Rental- $200 to $350 per week
    • Boarding schools- $20,000 to $25,000 a year

    Other Living Costs

    • Groceries and eating out - $80 to $200 per week
    • Gas, electricity - $60 to $100 per week
    • Phone and Internet - $20 to $50 per week
    • Public transport - $10 to $50 per week
    • Car (after purchase) - $150 to $250 per week
    • Entertainment - $50 to $100 per week

    Minimum Living Costs

    • You - $18,610
    • Your partner - $6,515
    • Your first child - $3,720
    • Every other child - $2,790

    Information above are courtesy of the Australian Government Living Costs in Australia.

    Ultimately, the tuition fee range will depend on the course, institution and location chosen.

    Please note, Australia is consistently less expensive than the USA or UK. 

  • What is the weather like in Australia?

    Australia has many climates depending on location. Australia's summers begin in December and winters begin in June.  From Sydney up towards the north the temperature rises (mid 20-30 degrees Celsius), south of Sydney it decreases (10-30 degrees Celsius).

  • What do people eat in Australia?

    Australia is a multicultural society with an array of foods available (Thai food, Chinese food, Persian food, Indonesian food, Vietnamese food, Mexican food, Himalayan/Nepalese food and much more).  Australia also had very fresh fruit and vegetables available and a big meat/chicken/seafood industry.   There are a lot of take away food outlets and supermarkets.  There are also many cafes, restaurants, farmers markets, food vans available.  You will be able to find most foods in the world in Australia.

Copyright © 2014. Plus Consultants Pty. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.